All photos and text by Davebron Babaran unless otherwise noted.

Sunday, April 24, 2011

EYELIDS

 
EYELIDS, Cannes Festival 2008
Director Brad Bischoff

Eyelids is a tender story about a boy who wishes to live on the eyelids of a girl he likes. From this intimate vantage point he will watch her life unfold: holding open tired eyes, wiping away tears, and painting peaceful dreams at night.

Acquaintances whom I asked to watch this short story on YouTube would like  it after because of its different attack and very touching story. From a simple boy who wanted to live inside the girl's eyelids and the narrator who will make you think of other moments  excluding on the story, Bischoff's technique on his flick is to capture audience power in remembering if they once wished to become an eyelid.

One of my favorite short films. Simple yet it has a different attack on your aorta. <3 

Let me know if you'd like the story.


"And when it's just us all grown and cold. I'm afraid I won't be able to hold your eyelids cos I'd be too old. And when the day comes when we find clouds of white, I'll use all my paint to make your destination just right.
I'd live on your eyelids and I'll never leave because one of those days you might just notice me."
-EYELIDS

 


No comments:

Post a Comment